Wednesday, July 24, 2013

















17 Though the fig tree does not bud

    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.

Habakuk 3:17-19

I can't think of a better way to inaugurate my blog than by citing this verse. We can all relate to confronting trials and tribulations in life. Some of us may have even had to deal with more than our fair share. But this blog is not about feeling sorry for yourself. Just the opposite! It's about remembering that God is always there to hold your hand through those tough times. It's about experiencing peace through your storms, a peace that surpasses all understanding. It's about rejoicing in Him when everything around you tells you to give up in despair. 

2 Corinthians 4:18 says: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." Your human eyes can only see what is before you, but your spiritual eyes can see so much further! The prophet Habakuk understood this concept very well. Though my human eyes may see no grapes on the vines, no food in the fields, no sheep in the pen or cattle in the stalls, my spiritual eyes see that the Lord is my strength, and for that I will be joyful and will REJOICE IN HIM!! Love that! So powerful!

I truly hope and pray that this blog will be a blessing to all who read it. There will be days devoted to sharing a biblical passage that may have impacted me in a special way. Other days (brave days I'll call them) I will get up close and personal, and share personal experiences from my past, present, and hopes for the future. I'm sure this will be a constant work in progress, just like me, just like we all are. 

In closing, keep singing your joyful song because no matter what life throws your way, God is good and His mercy endureth forever!

Be blessed!

Patricia Lynn

4 comments:

  1. All joking aside...AWESOME! I definitely can relate to this right now. Great job patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J, means a lot!! Be sure to have Carol read it too!

      Delete